186UP: Eckhart Tolle on Childhood | Intercepting the Energetic Pain Body for Our Children
161UP: Money & Kids: Teaching Prosperity Consciousness to Our Children
The words we use to talk with our children about money, being able to afford something or calling things expensive are powerful shapers of their reality and their destiny. Let’s have a conversation around teaching them their power and instilling a beautiful belief system in their minds around money at a young age.
3 Key Takeaways
- Have real conversations about how you want to spend money. When teaching your kids about money, rather than using words based in lack, based in scarcity, based in not enough, based in diminishing their power of what they can create in this world, you can have real conversations about how you want to spend your money as parents and what things you think are best for your kids, because that does fall on you as parents.
- Shift your language. Rather than putting a monetary value on something and saying that it’s expensive, shift your words into saying it’s important and why it’s important.
- Help your children to own their power to create the life they choose. Notice your language when you’re talking to your kids about money, about the affordability of something, about the value of something, and help them to own their power in creating and drawing to them things that would make their lives fuller and richer.
- “Money is a beautiful thing. It is so useful. It can help you to create a beautiful life. It can expand your awareness of so many experiences.”
- “Because of money there are so many wonderful things we can share and say about having money, but that’s not the conversation most of us heard growing up.”
- “When you follow your joy, you’re rewarded financially. When you serve others, you will always be taken care of.”
- “Money can be fun. Money is meant for enjoyment and circulation.”
- Be mindful of what you’re saying to your kids about money matters.
- Change your language. For example, when purchasing something, instead of saying, “That’s too expensive. We can’t afford it,” you can say something like, “Let’s buy it next time.”
160ACIM: There Is Nothing Your Holiness Cannot Do
What does it feel like to truly own your power? Your God-given power is meant to move mountains, and yet can we fully acknowledge how powerful we really are? A Course in Miracles seek to arm us with inner knowledge day by day to bolster us, to strengthen us, to teach us the truth about ourselves and this world. Join Bridgett for the big questions of life in today’s episode.
4 Key Takeaways (Excerpts from A Course in Miracles)
- Your holiness reverses all the laws of the world. It is beyond every restriction of time, space, distance and limits of any kind.
- Your holiness is totally unlimited in its power. Because it establishes you as a son of God, at one with the mind of his creator. Through your holiness, the power of God is made manifest. Through your holiness, the power of God is made available. And there is nothing the power of God cannot do.
- Your holiness can remove all pain, can end all sorrow, and can solve all problems. It can do so in connection with yourself and with anyone else. It is equal in its power to help anyone because it is equal in its power to save anyone.
- You are holy because all things He created are holy. And all things He created are holy because of you.
- “A miracle is simply a shift in perspective. It’s getting your mind into “right thinking.” It’s alignment.”
- “Day by day we add on to our understanding of how our holiness envelopes and blesses the world and blesses us and our understanding.”
- “The seat of your power is in the present moment. There is conscious creation in that.”
- “This is saying that we are powerful beyond belief, that we can orchestrate as though there are strings on the end of our fingers.”
- Apply the power of your holiness to all problems, difficulties and suffering in any form that you happen to think of in yourself or in someone else.
- Consider the following questions and list down your answers: If you really owned and accepted and believed a thousand percent in your ability to create, in your ability to have, do and be anything, what would that look like for you? If in your own life you were all powerful, what would you be living on a day to day basis? What would you have in your life? How would you walk around? How would your effect be different? How would your energy field be different? How would people be magnetized to you? How would you show love? How would you enjoy the material aspect of the world? What would your health and wellness be?